What is Buggies?
Buggies is a ice breaker team building game designed to get people laughing and listening. This is a great game for a high energy group or if you need to warm up in colder weather outside.
How to play: Buggies
- Organize players in pairs.
- Have one partner from each pair form a large circle, then have the other partner go and stand behind their partner so that there are two circles.
- Have one leader in the middle who will act as the caller.
- When the caller says an action each pair will perform that action.
- The game is over either when the caller says so (non-elimination buggies) or when there is only one pair left (elimination buggies).
- Remaining staff members can participate or act as referees/non-winning pairs attention keepers.
- Make sure you practice each action with the whole group before starting to playing pairs attention keepers.
- Make sure you practice each action with the whole group before starting to play.
|Buggies Up!||Partner in back jumps on partner in front’s back, or partner in back raises one leg and points to the sky while partner in front holds back partners’ leg up. Must be held until Buggies Down!|
|Buggies Down!||Releases Buggies Up!|
|Buggies Around!||Partner in back does a crabwalk (with noises) around front partner|
|Buggies Switch!||Partners trade spots front to back|
|Run Buggies Run!||Partner in back runs counter clockwise around outside of circle until they reach their partner again and go in to Buggies Up! which they hold until Buggies Down! is called|
|Buggies Under!||Partner in back goes under legs of person in front and becomes new front partner|
|Buggies Move!||Person in the back moves left/right a certain number of people as indicated by caller (ex. Buggies move 1 person to the left)|
- You can make up your own buggies actions
(ex. Buggies Dance!, Buggies High Five!, Buggies Fry Like Bacon!, Buggies Compliment Your Buggy!, etc).
- If you are playing elimination buggies, have a designated spot for non-winning pairs to congregate.
Eliminations usually happen after Run Buggies Run! , or if a pair drops early on Buggies Up!
- Encourage non-winning buggies to cheer for remaining pairs, or start up another game as more pairs are eliminated from the first game.
- When you are down to the final 2 pairs, space them about 3 m apart facing each other. The first pair to perform Run Buggies Run!, in which the back partner will round around the opposite team before returning to their partner, wins.